
Yesterday, one of my co-workers who is in charge of English subject called and asked me to plan for the program which our school can get a lot of budget for mordernizing English classrooms. All of the English teachers except me don't want to try that kind of work but always require me to do that. The problem is I'd like to do those challenging stuff but I don't want them to be so dependent at work.

3 comments:
My answer to your question is yes and no but leaning to no to be honest. I think we are inclined to make work easily and not try to do the works that could bring extra burden to English teachers which is quite understandable when we are already overheated by the school work. When i was in charge of that kind of program last year, I felt sorry to my students for not spending more time preparing lesson and talking with them cause i couldn't afford to. If it is fifty million won budget program, it also means that it will bring you that much extra works, which is too much for one person. I would be in charge of the program on the condition that all other English teachers to share the work fairly.
Hi James,
I was quite sad to read that most of your co-workers don't feel any sort of passion for their jobs. I do understand that your schools place to much of a work load on your shoulders so I guess it's understandable. If I had a lot of money and was asked to improve the English program, I think that I would involve students in the process. Making them part of the program would increase their motivation and help me understand what was important to them.
Thank you both donna and nicole for your warm advice. Now, I am a little boosted up.
Post a Comment